Saturday, November 6, 2010

Reiki and Fractures

I have always said there is a time and place for Western Medical intervention. I don’t believe that you have to go all or none when it comes to alternative health care versus western medical care.

When my own daughter fell rollerblading this fall, I most certainly took her to the closest Emergency Rom to have her arm looked at and cared for; x-rays concluded that she had fractured her radius near the elbow joint. She got a full arm cast to immobilize the arm so the body could do what it is intended to do… heal.

Medical intervention at that moment seemed obvious.

Upon returning home we immediately began ice packs and energy work (Reiki). Since Reiki is working with energy, it can easily pass through a cast. After several days, the pain subsided and life was back to normal aside the bright blue cast she sported.

On day 7 she told me that she wanted to go to the doctor and have the cast removed. I clearly explained that the attending doctor said she would be in the cast for 6-8 weeks. She adamantly exclaimed, “…but, my arm is healed!”

I tried to reason with her that the probability of her arm being healed already was low and to not get disappointed if the cast was on for another 5-7 weeks.

On day 12 as we headed to the Orthopedic Doctor for a checkup, she continued to try to rationalize with me that the daily Reiki had healed the fracture and that she was getting the cast off that day. She cut me off as I started to say, “Don’t be surprised if….”

Are you ready? Yep, you guessed it!! The cast came off on day 12… completely healed. The whole way home I had to listen to my Tween Daughter tell me the, "I told you so’s".

1 comment:

Disclaimer:

THE CONTENT OF THIS Blog IS FOR INFORMATIONAL and entertainment PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE AS MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT OR THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. CONTACT YOUR PRIMARY HEALTH CARE PROVIDER BEFORE IMPLEMENTING ANY OF THE CONCEPTS HERE WITHIN. SUSAN E RICHARDSON, Exceptional beyond labels AND THEIR HEIRS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS ONE MAY TAKE AFTER viewing the content within.